- 3¾ cups white beans, soaked and cooked OR 2 (15-ounce) cans white beans (drained well and rinsed)
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 red onion (minced)
- ½ cup fresh parsley (chopped) OR fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 large tomatoes (diced)
- ¼ cup Kalamata olives (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Himalayan Pink Salt (to taste)
- Freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
1. Over low heat, combine beans, garlic, onion, and half of the parsley (or cilantro) in olive oil. Heat for 60 to 90 seconds, or until fragrant. (You don’t want to actually cook the ingredients—you just want to warm enough bring out the essence and flavors.)
2. Remove from heat and place in a large bowl.
3. Add the tomatoes, olives, vinegar, lemon juice, the remaining parsley/cilantro and gently toss to combine well. Salt and pepper to taste.
4. Serve your white bean salad warm, as it is, or you can also chill before serving.