- 1 large red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp maple syrup (or monk fruit)
- ½ tsp sea salt or Himalayan salt, to taste
- 1 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- ½ –1 small jalapeño pepper, add more as needed
- ½ –1 tbsp. tomato past
1. Blend all ingredients together in a small blender or food processor. Blend until ingredients are mixed well and taste and adjust flavor per preference.
2. If not used immediately, store in a covered container in the refrigerator for 5-7 days.
There are many variations of homemade sriracha and you can play with variations of peppers, say jalapeños vs. habaneros vs. serranos to create your own signature sriracha sauce.