These gorgeous roots contain so many vitamins and minerals and are specifically a great source of folate, which is an important nutrient for blood cell formation, cell growth, and pregnancy. Beets also contain incredible compounds called betalains that are known to have antioxidant [and] anti-inflammatory properties that support nitric oxide production and, therefore, healthy blood circulation.
- 1 tablespoon of beetroot powder
- 1 pinch of ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch of ground cloves
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup of oat milk
- hot water
- In a kettle, boil water.
- Once water is boiled, pour into a mug and whisk in beetroot powder, cinnamon, cloves, and vanilla extract.
- Place oat milk in a milk frother on the warm or hot setting. Once the milk is frothed, pour it over the beetroot elixir and top with a dash of ground cloves.