Prep time: 5 minutes; Cook time: 5 minutes; Cool time: 20 min; Total time: 30 min
Makes: 15-18 Servings
1/2 cup coconut sugar
2 TB unsweetened nut or seed milk
3 TB coconut oil
1/3 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
2 TB raw hemp seeds
2 TB raw pumpkin seeds
1 cup instant rolled oats (gluten-free option)
1/3 cup nut butter (use almond butter or toasted hazelnut butter)
1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract (alcohol-free option)
1 pinch sea salt or Himalayan salt (or 1/8 tsp)
2 TB chopped raw pistachios or shredded coconut
- Line a baking sheet with Silpat or parchment paper.
- Add coconut sugar, nut milk, cacao powder, and coconut oil to a medium saucepan and bring to a low boil over medium heat, stirring frequently. I use these measuring cups and this spatula set.
- Once the mixture is bubbling, allow it to stay at a low boil for 1 minute (set a timer).
- Remove pan from heat and add nut butter, oats, hemp seeds, pumpkin seeds, shredded coconut, vanilla extract, and salt. Stir to combine. Make sure to fully incorporate all ingredients.
- Scoop and drop 1 TB (heaping) of the batter onto the prepared baking sheet and top with chopped raw pistachios and/or additional shredded coconut flakes (optional).
- Let sit at room temperature until cooled and hardened, about 25-30 minutes (depending on the temperature of the room).
- Store in a sealed, air-tight container at room temperature. Can also be stored in the refrigerator, but is best served fresh and/or at room temp. Keeps for 3-5 days.