1 bunch kale.
1 c. cubed butternut squash
1/4 tbsp. olive oil
1/4 tsp salt
1/3 c. toasted pumpkin seeds
1/2 c. pomegranate seeds
1/2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- If your squash is raw, a simple way to prep butternut squash is by roasting in the oven. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F, then toss the butternut squash cubes in 1 tbsp of olive oil with a pinch of salt and black pepper. Place in a baking pan and position on a center rack in the oven and let it roast for about 15 mins or until just tender.
- In a large bowl, combine the kale, oil, and salt. Using your hands, massage the leaves, rubbing them with the oil and salt until they become softer, smaller, and darker, for about 2 minutes.
- Add the roasted squash, pumpkin and pomegranate seeds and gently toss to combine.
- Add the vinegar and toss again.
- Check the seasonings, adding a little more oil and/or vinegar, if needed.