1 medium head cauliflower, cleaned and cut into small florets
¼ C fresh squeeze lemon juice
1 tsp lemon zest (use a microplane if possible)
½ tsp Himalayan pink salt, more to taste
½ tsp freshly ground black pepper, more to taste
¼ C cold-pressed extra virgin olive oil or avocado oil
¼ C Italian parsley, finely chopped
Optional for heat: 1 small serrano chili, sliced paper thin
Jicama taco shells (thinly sliced sheets of raw, peeled jicama
Whole butter lettuce leaves
1 ea medium avocado, sliced
Cilantro sprouts or cilantro leaves for garnish
Mango Salsa Ingredients:
2 ripe mangos, small diced
¼ C red onion, finely chopped
½ ea red or orange bell pepper
1 ea jalapeno, seeds removed and finely chopped or minced
¼ C fresh cilantro, stems removed, rough chopped
2 ea medium limes, juiced
Himalayan pink salt, to taste
Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Thoroughly clean cauliflower and separate into smaller, bite-sized florets. (The stem can also be cut into small, bite-sized pieces if preferred or saved for later.)
- Combine the salt, pepper and lemon zest into a small blow and then toss with the cauliflower florets until even covered.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, the oil, parsley, serrano and a pinch of salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Add the lemon juice marinade to the cauliflower and toss until even coated
- Allow the cauliflower to marinate for at least 30 minutes before serving. Season to taste after.
Mango Salsa Directions:
- In a medium bowl, combine all the ingredients together and allow to sit for 15 minutes.
- Once the cauliflower is marinated and seasoned to your preference, use a jicama sheet or butter lettuce leaf as a “taco shell” and lay two slices of avocado slightly off-center
- Add about 2TB of the cauliflower (or more depending on the size of your shell).
- Add a teaspoon (or more if you like!) of the mango salsa.
- Garnish with some cilantro leaves if preferred.