Going on a “raw vegan diet” sounds like a next level commitment, but when you know and feel the benefits of this way of eating, it might all be worth it! From dramatically reducing inflammation, to providing your body with antioxidants & phytonutrients for glow and energy, I fully support eating more raw fruits & veggies. One reason is because this diet fits into my method, Culinary Alchemy, as it inherently leads you to eat the rainbow! Try this yummy, simple recipe for an easy intro to a raw dish!
Raw Marinated Cauliflower Tacos with Mango Salsa
1 medium head cauliflower, cleaned and cut into small florets
¼ C fresh squeeze lemon juice
1 tsp lemon zest (use a microplane if possible)
½ tsp Himalayan pink salt, more to taste
½ tsp freshly ground black pepper, more to taste
¼ C cold-pressed extra virgin olive oil or avocado oil
¼ C Italian parsley, finely chopped
Optional for heat: 1 small serrano chili, sliced paper thin
Jicama taco shells (thinly sliced sheets of raw, peeled jicama
Whole butter lettuce leaves
1 ea medium avocado, sliced
Cilantro sprouts or cilantro leaves for garnish
Mango Salsa Ingredients:
2 ripe mangos, small diced
¼ C red onion, finely chopped
½ ea red or orange bell pepper
1 ea jalapeno, seeds removed and finely chopped or minced
¼ C fresh cilantro, stems removed, rough chopped
2 ea medium limes, juiced
Himalayan pink salt, to taste
Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Thoroughly clean cauliflower and separate into smaller, bite-sized florets. (The stem can also be cut into small, bite-sized pieces if preferred or saved for later.)
- Combine the salt, pepper and lemon zest into a small blow and then toss with the cauliflower florets until even covered.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, the oil, parsley, serrano and a pinch of salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Add the lemon juice marinade to the cauliflower and toss until even coated
- Allow the cauliflower to marinate for at least 30 minutes before serving. Season to taste after.
Mango Salsa Directions:
- In a medium bowl, combine all the ingredients together and allow to sit for 15 minutes.
- Once the cauliflower is marinated and seasoned to your preference, use a jicama sheet or butter lettuce leaf as a “taco shell” and lay two slices of avocado slightly off-center
- Add about 2TB of the cauliflower (or more depending on the size of your shell).
- Add a teaspoon (or more if you like!) of the mango salsa.
- Garnish with some cilantro leaves if preferred.
[…] 💜Serena Spoon’s Raw Cauliflower Tacos with Mango Salsa […]