Who said salads have to be boring?
This post contains a small portion of this article. Read the full article here.
This quick 15-minute chickpea salad, developed by certified nutritionist and chef Serena Poon, C.N., combines legumes with fresh veggies, hemp hearts for protein and fiber, and salty feta for added flavor.Print
- Yield: 4
- 1 (15-oz.) can chickpeas (drained and rinsed)
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ cucumber, diced
- ¼ cup sliced kalamata olives
- ¼ cup herbed vegan or regular feta
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp. red wine vinegar
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp. fresh basil, finely chopped
- ¼ tsp. garlic powder
- Pinch of sea salt and black pepper
- 1 tsp. hemp seeds
Combine everything in a large bowl, toss to combine, and serve.