One of the most powerful things that you can do to live a more productive, inspired, and centered life is to create a routine. Routine makes space for miracles to happen and for you to notice all the magic around you. Daily gratitude is powerful and should be the cornerstone of your daily routine. By expressing gratitude you remind yourself of all of the valuable people, things, and experiences in your life. It can be energizing, inspiring, and keep you in a positive space.
A key for your routine is that it’s able to travel with you and can handle adjustments to your schedule. No matter where you are, keeping to your routine sets you up for an optimal day. We don’t think about brushing our teeth or locking the door when we leave the house. By making the things we want to do into routines we make it easier and faster to manage our schedule in our preferred way. We turn daily tasks into rituals.
Rituals have been a part of humanity for centuries and across all cultures. Our morning rituals are pretty routine by now: we make some coffee or tea, we make the bed. We aren’t actively thinking about what we are doing. By adding deeper meaning and belief to the tasks you perform each day can change your mindset. By intentionally setting the routine for your day you can change your future.
I have selected 4 rituals you can incorporate into your day-to-day life. I’ve also included some of my favorite morning rituals and some inspiration for mid-day and evening rituals.
These four rituals are proven to put you in the right mindset and direct your energy toward being your best self.
- Practice gratitude
- Align your work with your purpose
- Doing something generous and kind for someone else
There are many ways to incorporate these rituals into your day by making them a daily practice or routine. There are morning routines, mid-day resets, and evening habits you can create to ensure you’re not running around on auto-pilot but fully present in your life.
If you don’t have any regular rituals yet, I suggest beginning with just one of these. The longer you do them the more they can become a habit and a regular part of your routine. Your morning routine should include self-care, hydration, gratitude, and a method to create an empowering mindset.
Your evening routine should reduce stress, including self-care, review the pivotal moments of your day, or set meaningful intentions for tomorrow. Plus, don’t forget to spend time with loved ones. You can also add mid-day rituals that reset your energy, refuel your creativity, or calm stress.
My routine is continually changing and evolving to best serve whatever season of life I’m in. Experiment with the various ideas I’m about to share to find what works best for you!
MORNING RITUAL INSPIRATION
We need water to live. Making hydration a routine means you get all the benefits of being hydrated.
- Drink 8 oz warm lemon water with a splash of chlorella to boost your metabolism.
Gratitude is the key to living your best life. It’s loving, healing, and empowering.
- Journal one thing you’re grateful for in each of these areas in your life: health, relationships, finances, yourself. For inspiration here’s how and the power of a gratitude journal has benefited my life.
- Prayer, meditation, or spiritual study
- Culinary Alchemy® – pour those feelings of gratitude into your matcha or coffee, spread the love you feel for life and for yourself all over your toast with that avocado
You are your top priority even if it doesn’t feel that way. Show up for you by making self-care a priority.
- Get some sunshine! Waking up with the sun is beneficial to your health. It helps set your internal clock.
- Move your body – a walk, a stretch, or some exercise can get your blood. metabolism, and your brain moving all without caffeine!
- Cleanse your skin and moisturize, Try my Aura Cleansing Mist with organic Bulgarian rosewater
- Light a candle to inspire you to be present and focused – Try my Raise Your Vibrations candle
The key to being your most powerful is to have rituals that get you energized and feeling your strongest.
- Make a list of your goals for the day – remember, obstacles may happen but it’s best to have a clear direction. Don’t be hard on yourself if they don’t all get done. But knowing what you’re doing will keep you focused.
- Mantras – do you have a mantra you can say to get yourself into your superpowered confident mindset?
- Make a cup of matcha or a Just Add Water® smoothie for healthy energy.
Helping others helps yourself.
- Make coffee or breakfast for a loved one
- Call a friend to see if they need anything today
- Write thank you letters
- Leave positive encouraging comments on social media
MID-DAY RITUAL INSPIRATION
Here’s some inspiration for adding the power of gratitude and these important rituals for a mid-day shift to your day.
- Plan a 5-minute meditation.
- Make time for stretching or exercising. Take a mental break by going for a walk and get some vitamin D if you can.
- Have a glass of water and a healthy snack. Try a combination of protein & healthy fats & carbs to give you energy for the rest of your day.
- Do something that makes you laugh or smile. Watch a funny video, play with your pet, or talk to a friend. This moment of joy can give you a boost for the rest of your day.
- Do something nice for someone else. Get out of selfish mode by giving back. That will help you show you’re living a gratitude-filled life by giving what you have to share.
- Take breaks during your day for creativity. Spend 30-45 minutes of seriously focused time with no distraction to focus on your creativity. Then take 5 minutes to reset and maybe move your body (do not look at work or think about it). This time devoted to your creativity can give you a boost to keep you going through the day.
EVENING RITUAL INSPIRATION
Just because your day is winding down doesn’t mean you should sleep on the potential of your evening. Often, after work, we can be so tired that we end up like zombies. You may get lazy or just end up watching some television. It can be easy to forget we have around 5 hours after we get out of work. With the right rituals, you can get the most of your time and energy. Plus, you can supercharge your next day.
- Turn off all social media an hour before bed. Social media can get us energized in a negative way. By getting off your phone an hour before bed you ensure you’re ready for a good night’s sleep.
- Start a skincare routine. Your skin needs hydration and the proper moisturizing, hydrating, and exfoliating can ensure your skin looks its best.
- Eat a snack naturally high in melatonin. Melatonin is great for a night of restful sleep. Having it as food ensures your body processes it best.
- Have some tea. Herbal tea can be a nice evening ritual to help you wind down. Try banana tea or a low-sugar turmeric tea mix. Alternatively you can check out this two tea recipes.
- Review the day for 5 minutes in a journal. What went well? What would you have done differently? What made you smile? What did you eat? How does your body feel? Reflecting on your day can ensure you a brighter tomorrow.
- Plan for tomorrow or the week ahead. Setting your focus can give you a great motivator for the day(s) ahead.
These are just a few ideas for rituals you can add to your routine. This can serve your life in a meaningful way. The intention behind a routine is to put yourself in the mindset to keep you open to opportunity, grateful for where you are now, and focused on your goals. Most of the successful people you look up to have their routines for their morning and, or, evening. Maybe they can be a great model and give you a few ideas. To help you in your routine, you should go also for some better sleep supplements. Remember to try out a few different rituals to find out what makes you feel the most energized and empowered.
XO – Serena