Travel Tips for The Health Conscious
Traveling is one of my biggest passions. I love soaking in the people, culture, and energy of different cities and towns around the world. I’m truly blessed that my work takes me to so many interesting locations. But when you’re overwhelmed by an unfamiliar city, different people, and the rush of new energy, you can forget to care for your personal energy.
As an experienced traveler who is currently living in “nomadic fashion” with my possessions scattered throughout different cities, I’ve found certain items that help me stay grounded no matter where life takes me! I thought this would be a good opportunity to share helpful information with my community if any of you are traveling a lot, or planning to travel over the summer.
Here are my must-have plant-based snacks, refreshing drinks that hydrate both inside out, brain-boosting tools, plus relaxation techniques that help me maintain a clear mindset and keep a positive outlook all day long.
Photo Attribute: Image from Social Squares
Staying healthy on the road doesn’t have to be difficult – just bring the right items to ensure you’re replenishing your body while navigating unpredictable meals and environments. Keep these tips in mind as you prepare to travel:
- Stay Hydrated: Staying hydrated is key to feeling your best while traveling. Drink plenty of water throughout the day, especially if you’re spending time in the sun or doing physical activities. Coconut water is another great option, as it contains electrolytes that boost hydration. Bring a little bag of chia seeds to add to your water for some digestion help on the go! Also try to avoid alcohol intake whenever possible, as it dehydrates the body.
- Practice Culinary Alchemy®: Eating mindfully can help you stay on track with your healthy habits while traveling. Pay attention to your hunger and fullness cues, and try to avoid any distractions. Choose nourishing foods that will fuel your body and give you sustained energy, such as fresh fruits and vegetables, whole grains, and lean protein.
- Pack These Plant-Based Snacks:
- Nuts, chia seed pudding, or pumpkin seeds
- Roasted chickpeas
- Fresh chopped veggies or dehydrated vegetable chips
- Dried fruit
- Granola with minimal to no added sugar
- Fresh veggie spring rolls
- Protein powder or a super greens powder, like Just Add Water®
- Supplements – I travel with my Serena Loves Supplements and a few other essentials to support my sleep, energy levels, and immune system.
Photo Attribute: Image from Social Squares
Biohacking Tech That Can Travel
Traveling can be daunting for anyone, but especially for those who want to optimize their health and well-being. With the advancements in the field of biohacking, there are various strategies and devices available to make your travels not only more comfortable, but also more beneficial to your overall health.
- Avoid Airport Security Body Scan: Airport body scans emit ionizing radiation that can damage your cells and increase oxidative stress. To avoid this, opt for a metal scanner instead. While it may take longer, the benefits to your health outweigh the inconvenience. If you must undergo a body scan, consider wearing clothing with pockets to shield your abdominal area, where most of your vital organs are situated. It is also beneficial to choose an aisle seat on the plane to reduce the effects of radiation.
- Leela Quantum Tech®: An incredible tool for healing is Leela Quantum’s mini Quantum – the Travel Bloc. It’s reassuring to know that with all the air travel, the bloc helps neutralize EMFs in your surrounding environment and creates a field of subtle, but powerful healing energy. Whether it’s in your hotel room or your carry-on, the bloc supports you with a nourishing quantum frequency in your field.
- Recorded Meditations: Whether you’re flying, driving, or on a train, traveling often involves long stretches of time with little activity. Investing in recorded meditations can be a helpful way to pass the time while you decrease stress levels, reduce inflammation, and enhance mental clarity.
- Red Light Devices: Long flights and different time zones can disrupt your circadian rhythm, which can negatively impact sleep and mood. Red light devices emit wavelengths of light that help reset circadian rhythms, improve sleep quality, and enhance cellular function.
- Sleep Tracking Devices: Devices, such as wearable ring devices, track sleep data like heart rate variability, body temperature, and movement to provide insights into the quality and duration of your sleep. Based on this data, you can adjust your routine for better sleep quality or seek help from a professional to optimize your sleep health.
- PEMF Devices: Pulsed Electromagnetic Field (PEMF) therapy is an emerging technology that uses low-frequency electromagnetic waves to improve blood flow, reduce inflammation, and enhance cellular repair. By reducing inflammation and improving sleep quality, PEMF devices can help you feel more energized and alert during your travels.
Energy Cleansing & Travel
Auras are constantly interacting with the people and places around you. They can absorb both positive and negative energies, knowingly and unknowingly. These foreign energies can leave you feeling unbalanced, ungrounded, and unlike yourself. This energy drain can dampen the joy of traveling.
As an energy healer, it’s very important for me to regularly cleanse my aura. That’s why I like to travel with an energy cleansing kit. My kit consists of our aura mist, healing crystals, sage bundles, Palo Santo sticks, and matches for smudging. I also like to include a candle in my kit. Your candle can be white to invite in cleansing energy, black to ward off negativity, or red/pink for a loving energy.
A simple ritual for cleansing your space is to light sage to rid the area of any negative energy. Then, use Palo Santo to set an intention for the energy you want to attract. You can practice this ritual in your hotel room or whenever you enter a space that feels energetically overwhelmed.
Crystals like selenite and smoky quartz are fantastic aura purifiers. You can wear these crystals or use them to sweep away negative energy. An aura cleansing mist aligns your aura and opens your heart chakra to love and kindness. By cleansing your energy fields and balancing your aura, you can truly be “in the moment” when you travel.
Photo Attribute: Image from Social Squares
Self-Care Products To Remember
Remember that an element of travel should be nourishing for the mind, body, and soul! Consider “overpacking” with self-care products that make you feel special and cared for. Here are some of the products that I enjoy!
- Organic Coconut Oil: Practice oil pulling. In the morning before brushing your teeth, use one tablespoon of organic coconut oil to swish around in your mouth for ten to fifteen minutes. Then, spit out the oil, rinse with water, and brush your teeth. Doing this every morning can help reduce the amount of bacteria in the mouth and promote overall oral health.
- Sleep Masks: For long flights and unfamiliar hotel rooms, bring a sleep mask to help with sleep quality and efficiency, light control, and re-syncing your circadian rhythm to the time zone.
- Nose or Throat Spray: Traveling means constantly being exposed to new environments, which can lead to an increased risk of bacteria and germs. To help fend off any potential health threats, pack a nose or throat spray that is specifically designed to kill bacteria.
- Organic, Unscented Hand Sanitizer: Hand sanitizer is a must-have self-care item when traveling, but it’s important to choose one that is organic and unscented. Why? Because many hand sanitizers contain harsh chemicals and artificial fragrances that can irritate your skin.
- Cleansing Wipes: One of the best ways to stay healthy while traveling is to keep your clothes and bags clean. Before your suitcases enter your home or hotel room, give them a quick wipe down with cleansing wipes. This simple act can help reduce the chances of bringing home any unwanted germs or bacteria.
- Delavie Skincare Products: Delavie Sciences harnesses the power of nature to develop skincare that transcends any offering in the current market, giving customers truly one-of-a-kind skincare products.
- A cosmetics bag in your carry-on for a quick refresh off the plane
- Several tea bags and/or your favorite matcha
- Electrolyte packets for extra hydration
- Your Magnesium, vitamin D, and B vitamins for sleep quality, proper immune function, and healthy energy levels
Taking care of your health while traveling is important for both short and long trips; it allows for the opportunity to enjoy the destination rather than worrying about feeling less than optimal. By making intentional choices, you will be well-equipped with everything you need to stay healthy and balanced every step of the way. With this list of healthy essentials, I hope that your travels can be much more fun and stress-free!
xo – Serena