The best time to savor chilled avocado soup is during the warm and sunny days of summer. It’s a time when you crave something refreshing and nourishing, a culinary escape from the heat! Here are some of the nutritional benefits of this chilled soup:
- Hydration: Cucumbers have a high water content, making them an excellent ingredient for maintaining hydration. This soup helps replenish your body’s fluids, particularly important during hot weather or when you need to rehydrate after physical activity.
- Nutrient-rich: Cucumbers are a good source of vitamins and minerals, including vitamin K, vitamin C, magnesium, and potassium. These nutrients contribute to bone health, immune function, and electrolyte balance, among other benefits. Avocados also provide a wide range of vitamins and minerals, including potassium, magnesium, vitamin K, vitamin E, vitamin C, and several B-complex vitamins.
- Digestive health: Cucumbers are known for their high fiber content, which aids in digestion and supports regular bowel movements. The fiber in this soup can help promote a healthy digestive system and prevent constipation.
- Antioxidant properties: Lime juice is rich in vitamin C, an antioxidant that helps protect cells from damage caused by harmful free radicals. Another antioxidant, vitamin E can help protect your skin cells from UV damage. Foods high in vitamin E include sunflower seeds, almonds, spinach, Swiss chard, and avocados. Antioxidants play a vital role in overall health by reducing inflammation and supporting immune function.
- Heart Health: Avocados are rich in monounsaturated fats, specifically oleic acid. These healthy fats can help lower LDL cholesterol levels (the “bad” cholesterol) while increasing HDL cholesterol levels (the “good” cholesterol). By improving the lipid profile, avocados can reduce the risk of heart disease and stroke.