Identifying low energy, protecting your energy and reclaiming your authentic energy!
You woke up this morning feeling excited, motivated, grateful, and clear of mind, but by the end of the day you’re feeling drained and in some serious need of space. What happened during those 10-12 hours?
Absolutely everything takes energy! Getting out of bed to make your matcha latte, finishing a big project at work, playing with your kids, chatting with a relative on the phone…I could go on and on!
That is why there are so many resources available on how to boost your energy – what to eat, how much water to drink, what exercises to do, and how to sleep more soundly. And a lot of those efforts will work! But it is also important to understand how to identify when your energy is low and how to protect your energy, so you can disperse it wisely throughout the day. Keep reading to find out how! (plus a mix of scientific and spiritual tools to boost your authentic energy).
Identifying Low Energy
Oftentimes, low energy can result from the core belief that you are a limited being. That what you truly desire is unattainable. This mindset can spiral into the choices you make, often resulting in a multitude of health issues.
For example, the low energy environment you might be living in can lead to lifestyle choices like consuming processed/high-sugar or high-fat foods to compensate for the lack of energy. Unfortunately, these foods often lead to chronic inflammation, and this constant inflammation in the body wreaks havoc on everything from your hormones and gut microbiome, to your immune system and brain function.
In my method, Culinary Alchemy®, I talk about how your body’s systems all work together along with the flow of energy. An imbalance spiritually will affect you physically and energetically, and vise-versa.
Symptoms of low energy and energy blockages:
- Difficulty sleeping & tiredness
- Chronic stress
- Lack of motivation & creativity
- A clouded mind
- Depression & anxiety
- A weakened immune system response
- Digestion issues
- Low blood pressure & anemia
Protecting Your Energy
Everything you need to protect your energy is inside of you, the key is learning how to listen to the subtle energy cues. The more tuned into your energy you are, the more capable you will become at staying grounded when negative or disruptive energy enters your environment.
Here are some additional ways to protect your energy:
- Practice self-care: One of the best ways to protect your energy is to take care of yourself. In developing a relationship with your body and energy, you empower yourself to find balance and well-being no matter the circumstances. This is one of the main tenets of my Culinary Alchemy® programs which places the power to thrive in your hands. Try my easy morning self-care routine!
- Avoid EMF’s: Shield your body, home, plants and animals from the disruptive energies of electromagnetic pollution. High-frequency EMF exposure such as exposure during an X-ray or CT scan causes DNA damage. Radiation from items such as your cell phone, lap top, or tablet is classified as Group 2B radiofrequency, and The International Agency for Research on Cancer (IARC) has classified these ‘non-ionizing EMFs’ as a possible human carcinogen and there is enough evidence of harm from long-term, low-level exposure to non-ionizing radiation to upgrade the classification to a Group 1. Studies have pointed to a possible link between RF radiation and cancers, leukemia in both adults and children, neurological cognitive disorders, sleep disturbances, headaches, and more.
- I have enjoyed using Leela Quantum Tech® products to protect from this energy stealing electromagnetic radiation. Their products are tested and verified for protection and effectiveness in relation to electromagnetic radiation. All tests clearly indicated a better than 99% protective effect against electromagnetic radiation (such as 3G, 4G, 5G, WiFi).
- Define the negative energy: When you experience someone whose energy is draining or disruptive, one of the best things to do is take a moment to discern which energy in your space is yours, and which is coming from outside of you. It can be easy to mistake someone else’s energy for your own. When you feel a sense of unease, take a moment to ground into your own energy. Breathe deeply and connect to the strength of your personal vibration. From there, you can acknowledge that you do not want to take on the negative energy in the space.
- Share gratitude: It may feel counterintuitive to share gratitude with someone who has negative or uncomfortable energy. However, gratitude is a powerful, loving energy that can help their energy shift, protecting your energy in the process. I always say that having a gratitude practice can change your life! Truly, you have the power to shift the energy in any room through displays of kindness, love and appreciation.
- Visualize protection: There are a few visualization exercises that can help you protect your energy. One of my favorites is to envision that you have an impenetrable bubble of white protective light that surrounds you. This helps create an energetic barrier that keeps your energy in and prevents disruption from outside energy. Energetic well-being mostly takes place outside of sight and touch, so feeling and visualization are your most powerful tools for energy protection.
- Incorporate healing stones: Malachite is a great stone for the Heart Chakra and is one of the best protection stones. It strengthens your energetic “shell” and infuses your vibrations with positivity, luck and harmony. It’s even known to release and draw out pain and inflammation, depression, anger and heals blockages. The “Stone of Truth” also provides protection from external negative influences while encouraging honest communication, authenticity and positivity.
Reclaiming Your Energy
In my practice, Culinary Alchemy®, I teach people that the energy and thoughts you put into your food can directly affect the energetic vibration of the food and how your body receives it. Being conscious of the foods that you are eating helps your body feel balanced and secure. But what is “the energy” I’m talking about here? It might be something you have felt all your life!
Remember learning about energy in school? Well, here’s a refresher. Everything in the universe is made up of energy. Energy flows in, out, about and around, but universal energy stays completely neutral. Since everything in the universe is both connected to and made up of energy, you have the ability to guide or adjust that energy flow by actively transforming it from one form into another – adding and taking away in an effort to maintain balance. Keep in mind that to maintain balance, whatever energy you release, you must replace.
Here are five ways to reclaim your authentic energy:
- Quantum energy: Quantum energy allows your body to regenerate naturally and to access a state of vibrancy that you thought was lost. If you’re looking to boost your vitality, protect your energy, and manifest your intentions, I highly recommend subscribing to Quantum Upgrade®. This subscription service gives you direct access to highly effective, pure quantum energy at any time. I frequently use Leela Quantum Tech® products and look forward to subscribing to this platform for more clarity, more energy, and to feel more connected to my authentic self. With this platform, you are also given access to a community of people who are also looking to level up their energy. Consider joining Quantum Upgrade® and get access to tips and information from a community looking to heal, learn, and grow together.
- Tea ceremonies: If you struggle to reach a meditative state as a way to re-center and re-energize, tea ceremonies could be just what you need to get your mind in the right place. Notice the weight of the kettle, the smell of the tea, and the pattern of the teacup. Take small sips and think about the tea as it moves through your body. You’ll naturally ease into a calm, meditative state. Learn more about tea ceremonies here!
- Reiki healing: Reiki is a form of energy healing in which the practitioner channels energy from the universe to support the body’s natural healing abilities. Reiki sessions are very relaxing and often help people relieve tension, heal illness or pain, and regain energy.
- Sage cleansing: One powerful method you might not have heard of is sage cleansing, also known as “smudging.” When you move into a new place, cleansing the old energy left behind by the previous owners or tenants with sage can make a significant difference. Start off your journey in any new place with your own positive energy. It can feel less inspiring, exciting, or comfortable when there is old energy lingering in the room.
- Plant-based eating: Scientifically speaking, if you eat plants, you are eating a more pure form of energy, as they get their energy directly from the sun. This happens during the process of photosynthesis, in which plants capture photons (particles of light, or light energy) through their chloroplast. Once light energy is captured, plants use it to create chemical molecules that convert carbon dioxide into food. Animals, on the other hand, get their energy from plants, so by eating meat, you are consuming a less direct and less condensed form of energy.
When you are in balance, you can optimally receive the highest vibrational frequencies of everything from food and nutrition to energy healing and unconditional love. This balance is largely impacted by the flow of energy throughout your body. That is why it is SO important to be mindful of this energy, and to do what you can to protect it and revitalize it on a daily basis.