A natural, nutrient-dense, bioavailable superfood snack designed to nourish, energize and balance bodies.
Just add Water®
Shop Serena's personal collection of healing stones, ritual cleansing and jewelry.
Programs for healing mind, body and soul through functional nutrition and energy work to reveal your most vibrant you.
Latest on Serena Loves TV
My passion is rooted in helping others live their best life through nutrition, education, and intuition. I'm so glad you are here. Start with my collection of resources curated to help you begin your healing journey.
Behind my Practice.
Read the full article here.
Celebrity chef and nutritionist Serena Poon says this dish can be challenging, but only if you aren’t mindful of the directions. Or if you run out of patience. “Mastering this dish requires cooking the rice to the perfect texture, continual stirring, simmering and attention and presence of mind with the dish,” she advises.
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
1/8 teaspoon freshly ground white pepper (optional)
2 tablespoons butter or vegan butter
1/2 cup grated Asiago cheese (or vegan parmesan cheese)
24 asparagus spears, cut into pieces
Salt, as needed
1. Bring broth to boil in a medium saucepan; reduce heat and simmer.
2. Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a large saucepan. Add onion, reduce heat, and sauté for 1 minute. Add rice and cook, stirring to coat, about 2 minutes.
3. Add half of simmered broth to rice and cook, stirring constantly, until the rice absorbs the broth, about 6-8 minutes. Add remaining broth and simmer, stirring, until broth is absorbed, another 6-8 minutes. Add wine and simmer, stirring, until risotto is creamy and the rice is tender. Add pepper(s), butter and cheese.
4. Steam asparagus until tender, about 4 minutes; add to risotto.
5. Garnish with fresh microgreens or herbs of choice
Sign up for our newsletter and have free, weekly resources to guide your health and wellness journey sent straight to your inbox!
Get more delicious recipes & health tips!
This content is strictly the opinion of Chef Serena Poon and is for informational and educational purposes only. It is not intended to provide medical advice or to take the place of medical advice or treatment from a personal physician. All readers/viewers of this content are advised to consult their doctors or qualified health professionals regarding specific health questions. Neither Serena nor the publisher of this content takes responsibility for possible health consequences of any person or persons reading or following the information in this educational content. All viewers of this content, especially those taking prescription or over-the-counter medications, should consult their physicians before beginning any nutrition, supplement or lifestyle program.