- Chef Serena Poon's plant-based dinner and dessert recipes from a live cooking segment on KTLA! Vegan chocolate cake, blueberry peach crumble, ratatouille, stuffed butternut squash, white bean salad, and vegan thai curry!
Our cells face threats all day everyday from toxic chemicals, to UV rays, to cigarette smoke, to viruses and infections, and even to exercise and the food we eat. These external threats are what we commonly refer to as free-radicals. Free-radicals damage cells in your body by “stealing” electrons, altering cell membranes and DNA codes.
- November is gratitude month! In case you haven't started a gratitude practice this season, let this blog post be a gentle reminder that now is the time! I challenge you to join me in prioritizing actions and a mindset of thankfulness for the month!
- Making healthy lifestyle choices is the most important thing you can do for your immune system. Getting enough sleep, exercise, sunshine, and nutrients from real whole foods is key. Zinc is important for our immune system, brain health, growth and development, and reproductive health. Here is everything you need to know about one one of the minerals your immune system needs: Zinc.
- Here is why folate is important, how much folate you need, and how to get folate from plant-based sources. We can all benefit from this vital B Vitamin. In fact, supplementing with folic acid has been shown to improve blood sugar control for those with diabetes, reduce inflammation, and improve the fertility of female reproductive eggs.
- From the fall foods you eat to the seasonal practices you begin to incorporate, a new self-care routine is going to be of great service to your overall health. Many who do not connect with or ground themselves in the energy of the season find themselves suffering from illnesses, allergies, lethargy, addictions, weight gain and abnormal fluctuations, and body aches and pains.