Ready, set, recipes!
Here are our just published, fresh-out-the-mill recipes in one convenient place! These are the top vegan recipes of the day, and are now a part of the thousands of recipes on our Food Monster App! Our newest recipes includes eggnog martini and squash burrito bowls so if you’re looking for something new and delicious, these recipes are it!
This Squash Burrito Bowl by Serena Poon comes together quickly and easily and makes a wonderful meal!
Find all eight vegan recipes HERE.Print
Squash Burrito Bowl
- Total Time: 45
- Yield: 2
- 4 cups butternut squash, cubed
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 poblano peppers, whole and sliced
- 2 cups red cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1 medium ripe avocado
- Fresh cilantro (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Add the squash (and potato if using) and drizzle with half of the coconut oil, cumin, chili powder, half of the sea salt, and maple syrup. Toss to combine. Then bake for about 20-25 minutes or until very tender and slightly caramelized.
- In the meantime, heat a skillet over medium-high heat. Once hot, add remaining coconut oil and poblano or shishito peppers. Season with remaining sea salt and sauté for 4-5 minutes, stirring frequently. Set aside.
- To serve, divide butternut squash (and potatoes if adding), sautéed peppers, cabbage, and any other desired toppings or additions (such as avocado, pepitas, quinoa, tempeh, or tofu). Serve with salsa.
- Best when fresh. Store leftovers separate in the refrigerator up to 3-4 days and reheat on the stovetop or in the microwave.