Read the full article here.Print
Roasted Wild Caught Salmon With Sweet Tomatoes
- 1 boneless, wild caught 6oz salmon filet
- 1 cup organic heirloom cherry tomatoes
- 1/8 cup whole pitted Kalamata or green olives, drained
- ¼ large organic lemon, seeded, peel and pith cut away, and roughly chopped
- ¼ large clove garlic, crushed and sliced thin
- 1 teaspoon capers
- ½ organic lemon, for squeezing
- 1 tablespoon of organic grape seed oil
- Himalayan salt or sea salt and cracked black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon organic extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons organic parsley, chopped (optional garnish)
Heat oil in large sauté pan over medium-high heat.
Evenly season salmon fillet with salt and pepper. Add filet, skin side up, and allow to cook, undisturbed, about 4 minutes. Gently flip fish, and sear about 3-4 minutes, or until just cooked through.
While fish is cooking, heat olive oil in large sauté pan at just below medium-high heat. Add garlic, lemon, and tomatoes, and sauté 2-3 minutes, until tomatoes start to soften. Add olives and capers, and sauté 2 minutes more (bursting some tomatoes), until everything is hot and tender.
Add tomato mixture to serving plates, and arrange fillets on top. Squeeze lemon over all, and garnish with parsley, if using.